SWEAP’s Field Instrument (FPPAI) and our Curriculum Instrument (FCAI) are sufficient to provide a direct measure (FPPAI) and additional measure (FCAI) of multiple dimensions of all EPAS 2015 competencies. The Exit Instrument provides a measure of multiple aspects of the Implicit Curriculum.
Aggregated reports for the FPPAI, FCAI and Exit Instrument are formatted to provide the necessary information for reporting assessment in response to EPAS 2015, and regional accreditators.
- Field learning plan linked to 2015 EPAS: Learning Plan 2015 EPAS
- Click here to find the Alignment-of-SWEAP-Instruments-with-EPAS-2015-CORRECTED-2 (FCAI & Field) with 2015 CSWE EPAS
- Click here to find the FPPAI Alignment with EPAS 2015 Matrix: Coming Soon!
- Click here to find the FCAI (V10) Alignment with EPAS 2015 Matrix: SWEAP FCAI v10 EPAS 2015 Rubric
- Click here to find the FCAI (V9) Alignment with EPAS 2015 Matrix: SWEAP FCAI v 9 alignment with 2015 EPAS – FINAL
- Click here to see the 2008 Matrix to see which items in each direct measure instrument cover which practice behaviors in EPAS 2008.
- Use this sample letter to send out your employer survey: SWEAP Employer letter
Archive & Outcomes
In 1987, the BPD Outcomes Assessment Instrument was first circulated for BSW Programs to use in evaluating the experiences of their alumni/ae. It was revised in 1990 to incorporate optical scanning technology in the gathering of data. This revised version was used continuously through 1999, and amassed a national database of over 9,000 BSW graduates. This database has been the basis for numerous publications (below)on baccalaureate social work education.
BSW Programs were sent a copy of the BPD Outcomes Instrument, a Use Agreement, and a Facesheet of basic Program information. Scannable sheets were ordered at a nominal cost, and Programs were permitted to duplicate the survey questions themselves. Programs mailed the instrument to graduates who were certified within the previous two years, and collected the scannable sheets which were returned. The Facesheet of basic information on each BSW Program was completed and submitted along with the completed scannable sheets for analysis. Within two weeks, the Program received a full univariate descriptive analysis of their own data compared to the existing overall BPD database at the time of analysis.
Reports From BPD Outcomes
- 1999 – St Louis
- 1998 – New Mexico
- 1997 – Philadelphia
- 1996 – Portland
- 1995 – Nashville
- 1993 – Baltimore
- BPD Conference Presentation 2017 (New Orleans): Using SWEAP for Excellence Power Point — 2017 BPD-FINAL
- BPD Conference Presentation 2017 (New Orleans): Field Presentation BPD 2017-FINAL
- BPD Conference Presentation 2017 (New Orleans): FCAI BPD 2017-FINAL_web
- BPD Conference Presentation 2016 (Dallas): Field Presentation BPD 2016
- BPD Conference Presentation 2016 (Dallas): MSTR_BPD 2016 Gen Session – Sat Workshop-ksk
- Distance Education Conference 2015 (Indianapolis): Distance Ed Conference April 2015- REVISED 4-13-15 FINAL
- BPD Conference Presentation 2015 (Kansas City): BPD Presentation 2015
- CSWE Conference Presentation 2014 (Tampa): CSWE Presentation 2014-Final
- BPD Conference Presentation 2013 (Myrtle Beach, SC): Annual BEAP Presentation-2013
- BPD Conference Presentation 3/17/2012 (Portland): PDF
- BPD Conference Presentation 2/23/2011 (Cincinnati): PDF
- BPD Conference Presentation 3/20/2010 (Atlanta): PDF
- BPD Conference Presentation 3/19/2009 (Phoenix) PDF
- BPD Conference Presentation 3/7/2008 (Destin) PDF
- BPD Conference Presentation – Fall 2007 (No Conference)
- BPD Conference Presentation 10/28/2006 (LA) PDF
- BEAP Statistics Prepared to BPD 11/5/2005 (Austin) (PowerPoint presentation modified for the Web)
- BEAP Presentation to BPD 11/5/2004 (Detroit) (PowerPoint presentation modified for the Web)
- BEAP Presentation to BPD 10/29/2003 (Reno) (PowerPoint presentation modified for the Web)
- BEAP Presentation to BPD 10/25/2002 (Pittsburgh)
- BEAP Presentation to BPD 11/2/2001 (Denver) (PowerPoint presentation modified for the Web)
- BEAP Presentation to APM 2/2000 (New York City) (PowerPoint presentation modified for the Web)
Video How To’s… (coming soon)
How do I order SWEAP instruments?
How do I use paper or online instruments?
How do I submit my instruments for processing?
How do I get a report?
How do I read and interpret my reports?