Frequently Asked Questions
How much do SWEAP instruments cost?
The baseline price is $1.00 per SWEAP instrument. Entrance instruments are free and for an additional $1.00, curriculum instruments can be linked to the specific student completing the measure.
REPORTS DESIGNED TO BE RESPONSIVE TO CSWE EPAS ARE INCLUDED WITH THE PRICE OF PURCHASED INSTRUMENTS
Baseline instruments are administered through “e-ticket” links. These links can be sent by individual email through the SWEAP online user interface, or individually sent by the social work program, themselves.
For an additional cost per instrument, programs can upgrade to:
- The Single-Link-Sign On (SLS), which allows programs to use ONE link per instrument type, for multiple students/field instructors/alumni . The single link can be sent by bulk email, or integrated into learning management systems (ie. BlackBoard, Canvas, Moodle, etc.) , saving programs the time necessary to send individual links and conducting individual follow-up emails, or,
- The Direct Learning Systems integration, which allows programs to automatically integrate the SLS into their learning management system as a course assignment, allowing for automatic distribution AND easy monitoring of student/field instructor completion.
For a social work program with 100 generalist practice year students in a given year, using both the SWEAP Foundation Curriculum Assessment Instrument and the SWEAP Field Placement/Practicum Assessment Instrument at midpoint and end of placement, the costs for the three options are as follows:
- Baseline: $300 including basic curriculum instrument, and $400 for Individualized field instrument reporting capability.
- SLS: $900 including basic curriculum instrument, and $1000 for Individualized field instrument reporting capability.
How do I order SWEAP instruments?
- New SWEAP users first need to create an account profile by clicking on the “create profile” link on the home page. You will be required to use the email address associated with your social work program, with an .edu extension. (If you have trouble with this process, please email email@example.com)
- Next, you will be assigned to the code (ie. the SWEAP “progranym”) representing your social work program. If your program already uses SWEAP, you should be automatically assigned to that code, based on your email address. If your program is new to SWEAP, you will be assigned a new code.
- Once you are assigned to your code/progranym, you can order your instruments. Find the instrument page that you are instrument in purchasing from. Select the instrument, choose from the various options, indicate the amount of instruments you are ordering. Click “add to your cart.” You can add additional instruments before finalizing your order.
- You can pay for SWEAP instruments using a credit card or check. SWEAP uses PayPal to authorize and process credit card transactions. YOU DO NOT NEED TO HAVE A PAYPAL ACCOUNT TO PROCESS THE CREDIT CARD TRANSACTION. SWEAP also accepts checks, and can work with your program to process purchase orders. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure speedy processing of purchase orders and checks.
How do I use online instruments?
After you have successfully placed your order, your instrument links will be uploaded into your account. Each link represents one instrument and can be used only one time. The links can be managed through the user interface on your user profile page. For more information see, “How do Online Instruments & Tracking System work?” below.
How do SWEAP Instruments & the online tracking system (ie. user interface) work?
How long will SWEAP offer 2008 or older EPAS Versions?
SWEAP will honor any forms from all historical versions. We have no plans at the current time to discontinue any SWEAP older versions. Although we no longer print BEAP instruments, we will process forms from the old BEAP program as well.
Can I trade old forms for new ones?
Yes! See exchange policy below.
What is the exchange/refund policy?
There are no cash refunds for unused SWEAP instruments. Unused SWEAP instruments are not transferable between colleges and universities. If you have unused SWEAP instruments, you can exchange them, or get credit towards a new instrument purchase.
If you would like to exchange an older version of an instrument for a newer version of the instrument, we can conduct a simple exchange. There is no cost associated with this type of exchange. For instance, if you have 10 unused paper versions of the Foundation Curriculum Assessment Instrument (FCAI) purchased before 9/1/16, you can request a simple exchange for 10 paper versions of the new version. If you have 20 old online Exit Instrument, you can request a simple exchange for 10 updated online Exit Instruments.
To exchange old BEAP printed versions, you will need to contact us.
All exchange requests can be made by emailing email@example.com.
Exchanging paper for online (same instrument):
If you would like to exchange unused older paper instruments for online versions of the same instrument, you can make a request to exchange paper for the baseline online instrument. There is no cost associated with this type of exchange.
If you would like to exchange unused instruments for another type of instrument, you may need to pay an additional cost per instrument, depending on the current cost and format of the instruments you are exchanging.
All exchange requests can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are your instruments ADA / WCAG / California 508 Compliant?
All of our assessments (EPAS 2008, EPAS 2015) have been tested and they are compliant with standards for access.
- WCAG 2.0 – Level AA
- California Code 508
If there are other standards that your program needs to meet for accessibility, SWEAP would be happy to work with you to meet those standards. Please contact email@example.com.